Designed for new Federal supervisors, this seminar will teach you the "nuts and bolts" of frontline supervision and give you the tools you need to transition successfully into the supervisory role. You will learn critical skills for managing human resources within Federal personnel rules, establishing and implementing an effective performance management process, maintaining high performing employees and, when all else fails, employing discipline and termination procedures.
How You Will Benefit
• Familiarize yourself with the Business Acumen Executive Core Qualification
• Understand merit system principles as the foundation of Federal civil service and apply them to supervising your employees
• Learn appropriate personnel actions for recruiting hiring and retaining Federal employees
• Discover how to set appropriate expectations and encourage effective performance
• Learn how to take appropriate legal action to discipline and terminate poor performers or those who violate workplace behavioral standards
• Network with peers to ease your transition to supervisor