Friday, July 09, 2010

What I've Learned ...

by Col. James Forrest
17th Medical Group commander

Last week, I passed my 25th Air Force anniversary. Another milestone of 2010 is that I turned 50 years old; I've spent exactly half my life in the Air Force. These five decades have taught me much and they have certainly given me perspective. With your indulgence, I'd like to share with you some of what I've learned. • No matter your chosen vocation, the majority of your success depends on your interpersonal skills. The world is full of incredibly talented people, but if their ability to communicate warmly with others is stunted, most people will choose to keep their distance. Look in the mirror and ask yourself, "Would you want to work with you?"

Read On
http://www.au.af.mil/au/aunews/archive/2010/0514/0514Articles/Forrest0514.pdf

No comments: