Friday, August 12, 2011

Save the Cat

As a writer I am sometimes asked questions about the process of writing. I do my share of asking, also. Recently, I participated in the filming of an episode of Killer Minds hosted by best-selling author Marcus Sakey. I spent a couple of hours with him and grilled him on his storytelling. One of the best tidbits I took out of the conversation was the book Save the Cat. Marcus highly recommended as the best explanation of the Three Act Structure. I have learned more in this book than ANY other I have read. While author focuses on writing screen plays, the information is easily transferable to novels, etc. With nine non-fiction books to my credit, it’s time to take a crack at a different kind of storytelling.


I am now passing the recommendation to you; if you want to write, get Save the Cat.

No comments: