A Leader’s Role in Promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Culture
Date and Time : April 20, 2021 / 10 am PT / 11 am MT /12 pm CT / 1 pm ET for one hour
Webinar Summary : The landscape of the work environment has been irreversibly changed. Stepping into a leadership role continues to be a great privilege, but today it also comes with the even greater responsibility of creating a workplace culture that values all individuals. We designed this presentation to help you build on the fundamentals that will allow you to L.E.A.D. the charge in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). Allow us to provide you four foundational actions that will distinguish you as a forward-thinking influencer who can communicate and demonstrate DE&I practices. This webinar will give you the tools to confidently move your team in the right direction to achieve exceptional performance in the corrections workplace.
In this one-hour webinar we will:
1. Explore ways to dive deep into your “why” as an influencer on the correctional organization’s culture and workforce performance through purposeful interactions with clients, community partners, and stakeholders.
2. Provide insights on how to utilize emotional intelligence principles to better understand colleagues, team members, and the correctional organization’s clients/stakeholders.
3. Participate in interactive skill-building exercises to put that “why” into action to achieve personal and professional goals.
Take-Aways : Pathway to L.E.A.D. a DE&I Culture
- Listen: Gain a perspective or understating of the issues and opportunities people are facing
- Engage: Develop and implement strategies to drive change that is relevant and meaningful
- Assess: Sources of inclusion at the Organization, Leadership, and Individual level
- Direct and facilitate change: Based on your assessments, implement interventions and solutions to address opportunities to build and develop an inclusive culture
Alfranda Durr, CEO ALD & Associates LLC
Kari Heistad, CEO Cultural Coach International
Alfranda (Al) and Kari are Diversity and Inclusion Practitioners with 40 plus years of combined experience conducting in-person and virtual training on a wide range of Human Resources, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion topics. Al and Kari have partnered on a popular diversity webinar series covering a wide range of diversity topics. Combined, Al and Kari bring varied perspectives and ways of seeing the world to their presentations.
Who Should Attend ?
Any employee of a federal, state, local, or tribal correctional jurisdiction.
How Do I Register ?
Follow this link to register in NIC’s WebEx Event Center https://nicmeetings.webex.com/nicmeetings/onstage/g.php?MTID=e8559a3f8699aac26543bd6cf2f3f2592
Who Do I Contact for More Information ?
Belinda D. Stewart, Correctional Program Specialist, Prisons Division
Webinar Technical Contact
Scott W. Richards, Correctional Program Specialist, Prisons Division
How Do I Participate Effectively In a WebEx Event Center Webinar? How Do I Get Ready ?
For the best experience in your next NIC WebEx Event Center webinar, you’ll need a hands-free telephone, headset or earbuds, and an internet-enabled computer. For optimum learning, be in a quiet place, free from distractions/interruptions, sight-and-sound separated from others, where you can concentrate on what is happening during the webinar. A separate office space with a door to close is an ideal setting. Connect to the webinar audio bridge via a hands-free telephone, using earbuds/headset connected to your phone/cell phone, so your hands are free to interact with your keyboard.
While tablets and smartphones are also compatible with WebEx Events Center, several of the features are limited, and most devices require the installation of the Cisco WebEx app. Regardless of which device you plan to use, test its compatibility here. The link provides a quick test, and we strongly encourage you to do this before the webinar. If your browser does not pass the test, contact WebEx Technical Support at 1-877-669-1782 and tell them you will be attending an NIC webinar on NIC’s WebEx site at http://nicmeetings.webex.com . They can help you troubleshoot connectivity issues.
NIC strongly recommends consulting with your agency/local IT , as you may encounter pop-up blocking and/or firewall issues that block the NIC WebEx webinar url.
A recording of this webinar will be available @ https://nicic.gov/webinars-broadcasts approximately two weeks after the live event.
Click https://nicic.gov/webinar-vilt-readiness for further information on NIC’s live webinars, including (cost = free!), how to obtain training credit from your agency, and much more!